Ravinia Capital Group: Team
James R. Solomon – Principal and Chief Investment Officer / 27 Years Experience
- Mr. Solomon, with 27 years of public and private market real estate experience, has been responsible for the investment, financing or sale of more than $5 billion of office, industrial, retail and multi-family real estate.
- Prior to 2013, Mr. Solomon had founded one real estate investment firm and held top investment positions at Trizec Properties, Inc., Heico Realty Capital (family office) and Soros Fund Real Estate.
- During 2010-2012, Mr. Solomon co-founded the U.S. Capital Markets Group of Avison Young, at which time the firm tripled in size within the US and Canada.
- Mr. Solomon is an MBA graduate of University of Pennsylvania’s The Wharton School and a Foreign Service School graduate of Georgetown University.
Antonio A. Bismonte – Senior Vice President / 35 Years Experience
- Mr. Bismonte has 35 years of public and private market real estate experience and has been responsible for acquisition, financing, development, management, leasing and disposition of office, industrial, retail and multi-family real estate assets located throughout the United States, Canada and France.
- Prior to joining Ravinia Capital Group in 2016, he served an interim COO / CFO for Next Generation Development, a Chicago area residential developer, and has cultivated his real estate experience through 18 years of combined tenure at Trizec Office Properties, Inc. (NYSE: TRZ), Jones Lang LaSalle (formerly LaSalle Partners) and JMB Realty.
- Mr. Bismonte is responsible for portfolio management at Ravinia Capital Group. His daily responsibilities include interaction with the company’s leasing / management teams, budgeting, financial reporting, compliance and overall operational oversight. As a member of the firm’s investment committee, he is also involved in new investment due diligence as well as new investment financing.
- Mr. Bismonte possesses a Masters in Management from the Executive Masters Program at the Kellogg School of Business at Northwestern University and a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting from Michigan State University, and is a CPA in the State of Illinois.
Kyle O Schaftel – Associate / 5 Years Experience
- Mr. Schaftel, with five years of real estate experience, is responsible for financial analysis, asset management, and acquisitions.
- Prior to joining Ravinia, Mr. Schaftel was a Financial Analyst with Wells Fargo Bank’s Commercial Real Estate Group in Chicago, IL responsible for underwriting real estate financing for real estate owners and developers, managing borrower relationships and co-origination of over $500 million of loan transactions.
- Mr. Schaftel received both his MBA (concentration in Finance) and BSBA, majoring in Real Estate and Construction Management, from the University of Denver.
Marilyn Kafenstok - Administrative Assistant- Investor Relations
- Mrs. Kafenstok is responsible for human resources, administration and investor relations.
- Prior to joining Ravinia, Mrs. Kafenstok was a Business Analyst for Allstate Insurance Company in Northbrook, IL. She specialized in Claims System Design acting as liaison between Allstate’s clients and its technical development team.
- At various times during her Allstate career, her roles included Project Manager, Trainer, Quality Control Tester and Programmer
- Mrs. Kafenstok received her Bachelor of Arts from Indiana University, majoring in Journalism.